CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Job Perks Rock!!!

What would a job be if there weren't any perks? I mean Jon's job is helping him learn more about cars by actually working on them...experience is definitely the best way too learn, not to mention the 20% off discount he gets on anything in the store, I dunno about you guys but I love buying stuff for cheaper than it actually is hah. My dance job I get soo many of the wonderful perks as normal teachers get... teaching a little one self discipline, confidence, how to dance, seeing their faces light up when they finally get a new step, just knowing that your a huge part of their life is wonderful. Also the completely free dance lessons don't exactly hurt either :-). My magician job's perks involve traveling and seeing new things I've never seen before for instance I would have never seen the balloon festival if it weren't for my job. It was def. a cool experience and staying in nice hotels for free is also kind of fun... like a mini vacation with my friend Andrea who is also an assistant with me. My third job's perks are also pretty cool and actually brings me to my reason for this post. Every year at the plastic surgery office we get drug reps who come in with brand new products that aren't on the market yet, but have just been approved by the fda. They give the entire staff samples, and we decide that if they work really well than we will sell their product. Well last year it was the clarisonic brush, it was actually on oprah's favorite things list last year. Its one of those extremely expensive high tech face washers that works awesome. I love it, it takes off the heaviest amount of make up (when i perform i have to overdue the makeup and look close to a clown lol)and deep cleans better than anything out there. The year before that it was the zapper. Its for if you have pimple you put the zapper on it for a couple of minutes and by the end of the day your zit will be gone. It's the only thing out on the market that can make acne go away in the same day its pretty cool considering I used to have acne problems. Well Yesterday at work I found out what this years product is, and Im really excited about trying it. It's called Latisse and what it does is make your eyelashes grow. It's this serum that you put on like eyeliner on your lashes before you goto bed, and apparently in a couple of weeks my lashes are supposed to grow double in size and become fuller and longer. I really hope it works, but we will find out soon enough. I get the product in a couple of weeks so its just wait time til then. I know these are all silly things, but its the silly simple things like small job perks that make me happy. They just remind me on why I work so hard. I feel like in life that if you work hard enough, you'll see results, and be rewarded for them. lol well....... at least thats what i would like to believe :-)

1 comments:

Ali + Jon said...

Yay for long lashes! I'm glad you can have something that makes you happy in your life baby. I'm proud of you and all that you do and what you've accomplished and I love you soooo much!!