CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dance,dance,and more Dance

My job as a Dance teacher is more than I could ever ask for....but sometimes, it is a lot to handle. Last year when I started I only had one class on my own. I was assistant to 5 other classes but, only the one class had my choreography. This year Mrs. Kathy bumped me up to 11 classes all on my own, and thats not to mention the 5 classes that I take to learn. Thats sixteen dances that I have to remember, and some of the classes I teach, I'm teaching 2 dances for the recital, and its the same with my class so its really 20 dances of choreography for me to make up, teach, learn, and practice for our June show. I'm at the studio everyday that were open. There's only one other teacher in my school that has more classes than I do, and she only has 2 more classes than myself. Now I am truly flattered that Kathy gave this schedule to me bc she knew I could handle it....but I'm def. getting nervous now thats its about that time again to start choreographing. Everything has to be different,creative, and awesome in their own way b/c im a perfectionst. Is it possible to do that with 20 different songs? Well I am about to find out soon enough. Now if that wasn't enough for you, lets also add my job at the plastic surgery office, My magician's assitant job, and the laundry job I have. I have a full plate right now, I mean the money's nice, but sometimes I feel like i'm doing way too much!! Oh well, pray that I keep my sanity trying to make each dance different!!! :-)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

i'm sure you'll do great! jon as excellent dance dance revolution skills--you should put him to use =)

JerseyGranny said...

You will be in my prayers! I know you will do a fantastic job!!!